f

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Alas, my muse hath deserted me.

Or, I just cannae write nuffing anymore. Don't know what's happened really - I just can't seem to focus on writing. Other stuff has taken it's place. Namely life and it's various hills and valleys. You see? The preceeding is not a good piece of writing. Sorry.

Haven't done anything with the photography either, except a couple at my graduation, and I was only in them - I didn't take them. Shockingly, even the cooking has gone AWOL. Well, I made choc-chip muffins for my lunch tomorrow, but other than than it's been fairly run of the mill. Oh, except the rather delicious carrot cake I made. Oh, and the choc espresso cake I made to take into work...I'm just contradicting myself here, aren't I?

Right, so, what's new? Well, work is fine. Not thrilling, but fine. And I'm having the same problem as Jen - I'm not motivated with the spending. Which is actually a good thing. I suppose. Just been up to the usual - coffee, cake, tottie-spotting, Edinburgh, cake...and so on.

My lack of motivation has inspired me to, er, get motivated. My copy of the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook will shortly be winging it's way towards me and I'm back on the hunt for media-related jobs. Plus, I'm trying to organise a wee photography trip somewhere with big bro as well. And I quite fancy have a go at snowboarding, too.So things will get a trifle more interesting. I hope.

Now, I'm going to and eat one of the aforementioned muffins. Well, I did make six...

11 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Scarlett said...

perhaps its the time of year, its not exactly inspiring is it? I'm sure it will come back to you soon

x

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Good point! The Rain isn't very inspiring is it? I spend so much time just trying to keep warm, I don't have time to write :-D

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Scarlett said...

did the muffins work?

Yup, the cold definitly puts me off. How can you be expected to create when its too damn freezing to make your hands emerge from sleeves?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Exactly! It's hard to type when wearing gloves :-D

The muffins are jolly tasty, thanks - that's my lunch for tomorrow sorted. Healthy, shmealthy, that's what I say!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Ing said...

I get that sometimes too... I start typing something then delete it thinking "ah that's bollocks..." I find I write best when I just sit and write straight from my what's floating around in my head, daft or not...

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm totally demotivated with my blog at the moment as well. Time was when I'd want to write in it up to three times a day!!

But it's kind of losing it's novelty now :(

How were the muffins??

xx

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Same with me - it just doesn't appeal as much anymore. But then life changes, doesn't it? The reasons that drew me to blogging aren't necessarily there anymore. Hm - there is probably a blog post in this in itself! :-D

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Hmm, I wonder how much blogging I'll be doing going forward. More wouldn't surprise me. But then neither would less. Hmmm :)

I guess that with a full-time job under your belt the time you have to yourself you want to "savour" that much more than just spending it "working" on something? :)

Hey, thinking about the baking section of what you wrote here, I have a question for you... As someone who enjoys drinking at both coffee places and likes cake... What would you think of as a "coffee cake" ? See, I just automatically think of a cake which has coffee flavour in. Americans I spoke to recently thought that sounded crazy though, saying a coffee cake is something you dip (eww, dipped cake!?) in your coffee. :)

Umm, that may not be the most important question in your life ;) But I'm sure you can appreciate its scope ;)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

WOW! Fantastic colours in one of those recent photos you have uploaded to Flickr, Suz!
The colourful one, I mean, not a black & white one :)

Looks very professional :) Nice! :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks, IM!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Merry Christmas :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home