f

Friday, October 27, 2006

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apologies, readers, for the silence. I have to admit the 7am alarm has worn me down a tad. It has seriously affected my mental faculties, too - for example, my mum booked me a hair appointment yesterday, and I managed to go into the wrong salon. Yes - I went in, told them my name, my appointment and got blank looks. You see, the salon I wanted was in fact three doors down. Thing is, the lady at the desk said, 'ah, you've got an appointment with Audrey? You want a few doors up.' So clearly I'm not the only person who's made this faux-pas. I have to admit, I was so tired, I couldn't be bothered to be embarrassed.

As for the job, it seems to be going quite well. I haven't blown the place up yet, and there always seems to be chocolate in the office, so it's all good if you ask me. Oh, and I finally know my pay date, so I'm happy.

Let me see - hairdo issues, new job...what else? Ah yes, dinner with my big bruv and his gal pal. We went here and the food was nice, though the service was slow. Then again, the service was also rather attractive, so I'll let that one slide. Good evening, really - except for the montrous rain which put a dampener on things, really. Nope - I'm not going to apologise for that awful joke, either.

This weekend will be spent recuperating in the company of my dearest, bestest buddy, G during which time we will no doubt bury ourselves in scandalous gossip and eat a lot of cake. Perfect.

6 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

So glad it's going well hun!

And, re: walking into the wrong hair dressers-that is so totally something I'd do as well.

I know how you're feeling, I've been like a zombie for the past three days, just do not want to get up in the morning aghh.

But on the plus side, there always seems to be chocolate/cakes/sweeties etc.. around in my office as well!! :-) Great isn't it? hehe

How have you had your hair done,. any chance of a pic? ;)

xx

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I had a few inches lopped off my hair and just the same type of layers and such. It was nearly down to my elbows before!

I shall perhaps take a piccie tomorrow while I'm in Edinburgh (if I'm feeling brave!)

The choccie/cake thing is fab. There was much hilarity/debate the other day when someone brought a Divorce Cake in - should it have candles or not? :-D

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Allan said...

Hello

I typed something like ‘glasgow stand up’ into the blogger search thingy and your blog was one of the ones that came up – I think it may have been ‘stand by haircut’ that did it – but hello anyway.

I’ve not been into the wrong hairdressers by mistake – but I have got a story about going into another place by accident that you might like because it involves that venue Oran Mor.

Sorry I don’t know how to do that thing when you just click on a link yet – I’m still at the cut and paste stage – but I’ve written it at the address below if you’d like to have a look (Oh and there’s a couple of rude words in it - not that rude though - just in case you don’t like that sort of thing).

http://somemachine.blogspot.com/2006/09/oran-mor.html

Anyway, em, er, em.. bye!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Miss Forthright said...

That menu looks luch Suz.

It's me, Natalie/Lucyinthesky by the way x

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Hello, Allan! Rude words don't bother me - trust me! Will pop over to your blog when I get a chance - too much to be getting on with today unfortunately!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Suz said...

PS - Hello Natalie! Welcome back to blogger land!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home