f

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oh, Lordy

Well, I finally have a start date. And now, I'm very nervous. I know, everyone feels like this. Just got to grit my teeth and get on with it. Also, I'm rather eager to find out when I'm getting paid - money has seriously been stressing me out. The thought of being able to buy, say a magazine or a pair of tights withput staring into the depths of my purse with a quivering lip is delicious.

Today, however, I'm spending with my mum. We're going to have a squint at the cheese shop, then go for a toddle round the west end. Maybe taking in some coffee and cake at one of the many new establishments that have sprung up recently. Nice.

At some point this week, I also have to finish off all the various bits and pieces of stuff I've started - sorting paperwork, for example - and also sort out my costume for a Rocky Horror themed Halloween party I'm going to next week. Gee, thanks for picking that theme, Rach. This will be tricky - there is not a hope in hell of me going out in public wearing suspenders.

And on that lovely image, I shall bid you fairwell.

5 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Don't tease us with details, woman! :) Go on, at least give us a clue as to when it is! :)

Let us know whether you buy any cheese and what type you get :)
Ok, well that must rank as the most boring question I've asked this week :) "Let us know whether you buy any cheese" :) Oh dear :)

Good luck with the costume.

Soooo... I assume you'll be taking your camera as usual? ;)

Hope you had a good day :)

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Oops - start date is Monday at 10am.

Didn't buy any cheese - to poor for that. Though I do have my eye on some lovely Parmigiana when I get paid!

Of course I'll be taking my camera! Although whether any of the pictures will be fit for Flickr is another matter!

And thank you - I did have a lovely day. I'm heading out again shortly for coffee. Suprisingly!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger SandDancer said...

Good news about your start date. I know it can be daunting starting somewhere new but I'm sure after a few days it will feel like second nature to you.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh that's great news Suz-now at least you have a goal in sight!!

Will be thinking of you, Monday, 10am :D

And yes, the 'having money' thing will be a novelty for a while, make no mistake.

Although currenty I have no money again, as I've used up all my pay.And there's still a week and a half til pay day. Gah.

Anyway...

Liking the sound of the Rocky Horror fancy dress :D

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Suz said...

SandDancer: I'm sure you're right -it's just the anticipation!

Jen: I know! A goal! Something to do! Ahem. A touch over excited about the prospect of flexi-time, perhaps. As for the Rocky Horror thing...well, I'm not a happy bunny. Not going out in my underoos. No way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home