f

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hhhhmmmmmmmmm...

At the moment I'm having a big think.

I haven't been doing much with my brain recently, and looking at others' achievments around me, I'm itching to do something. So, I've got the catalogues for local evening/weekend courses out, looking to see if anything appeals. I earn (or will do) under £15000 a year, so I only have to contribute £10 to each class I take up to the value of £200 a year. There's quite a few I fancy, including Introduction to Forensic Pyschology. I also want to take some kind of cooking course, and really challenge myself with food. And I have a huuuge list of books to start. There's just so, so many things I want to do in life and I am really, really eager to get going. Hopefully, the money I get from my new job will give me some opportunites and more freedom to pursue things.

Now I'm going to go and get stuck into these catalogues and websites and see which I'm going to tackle first...

10 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Suz, that Forensic psychology course sounds incredibly good.

It's funny you should post about doing courses, I was told on friday that Bristol uni offer night courses, and they have one in writing, that I'm thinking of doing.

Let us know what you decided upon!

Jen xx

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I will do!

There are a few courses that I fancy, and strangely enough, some are taught by one of my old lecturers! (Not sure how I feel about that! :D)

What is the writing course you're interested in like? The one I fancy is about writing features and articles.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm not too sure which one to do as I haven't actually had a look at what's on offer yet ;)

The features and articles one sounds v good Suz!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger harmony said...

Hey Suz,

I found your blog because you also list Louise Welsh in your profile. She's fantastic. Just bought Bullet Trick yesterday. Can't wait to get started.
Definitely go for the Forensic Psych course. I would love to take one too but my school doesn't offer it. Maybe after I graduate...

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Hello Harmony :-)

As soon as I get paid, The Bullet Trick is going to be purchased!

I do quite fancy the Forensic Psych course, but waiting to see if my SIL-to-be wants to join me.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Ing said...

Eesh my brain is dripping out my ear at the moment with all the law learning i'm having to do - because it hasn't been used for so long... so think carefully before you do decide to use it again! ;)

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger lewisfisher6453849963 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Sam B said...

Hey Suz
Good for you, sounds like a good idea to me - hope you have fun.

As for the Louise Welsh conversation. I did a double take before cos I thought it said Loius Walsh and I was thinking "he has an album out - how weirs" Yeah yeah, I'm a dur brain, I know!!!!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

"really challenge myself with food" ... try cooking really nice things and not eating them ;)

-A quick random comment from IM, just so you know I'm still here and still random ;) Despite still having no 'net access at home. But look, I'm staying late at work just to look at other blogs! ;)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Sam B - thanks! I shall try and have fun if I go along to one :-)

IM - ah, nice to see you back! I do try and not eat all the cakes I make, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home