f

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Food, glorious food

and if I'm not careful, I'm going to end up very fat indeed.

Unfortunately, I have recently discovered the world of food blogs and message boards. So many recipes, so little time or inclination to exercise. Added to this the very long list of foodie books that I intend on buying when I'm earning and I'm in very hot water indeed.

Right now, I'm been selecting recipes I really would like to try (only from the web - not any from books yet) - and remember this is ones I really, really want to try - and I've clocked up a list of nearly 150. I really have to narrow it down, don't I? Well OK, I'll try, but I'm not making any promises:

1. Le migliori polpette di tonno. I don't care what anyone says - tuna and tomato are a wonderful combination.
2. Smokey Barbecue Baked Beans.
3. Green Tea and Jasmine Turkish Delight.
4. Sticky Toffee Pudding.

Phew. That was a struggle.

Two things are impeding my cooking at the moment:

1. The kitchen looks like an elephant with PMT has recently rampaged through it.
2. I don't have the money to but all the ingredients I would like.

I also have an urge to have people over for dinner - a dinner party, if you will. Never understand why some people find that term downright offensive, but there you are. For the sake of keeping the peace, I shall say, 'I want to have people over for supper.' Anway, not possible just now, as there isn't really anywhere for them to sit. Sigh.

Tonights dinner is very, er, unculinary (I don't think that's a word, but hey ho) - it's macaroni cheese. Yummy yum.

7 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger northern monkey said...

have I translated that correctly - tuna meatballs? mmmm not sure on that one, but the sticky toffee pudding sounds fab...

I'm the same collecting recipes and cookery books but then either never finding the time to cook or inviting people round for, (yes no offence here) a dinner party, and they always seem to have a list of things they don't like/won't eat meaning I have to revise the recipe selection (usually to something boring). Last week a friend brought his new girl over and she didn't eat meat, fish garlic, peppers or chillies - that's like everything I cook with!


PS For cheap cookery books www.theBookpeople.co.uk are good but sometimes the selction can be a bit hit and miss if you are looking for something in particular

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Yup - tuna meatballs. Yum!

My problem is that I never get the house to myself, and can't afford the ingredients I want to cook with :-(

Thanks - will check out that website!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Scarlett said...

you should do a foody blog like that american woman who couldn't cook, and tried a new french recipe everyday..

yours all sounds scrummy!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

I am okay in the kitchen but i'm not very creative. Your recipies sound fab, i might take a look at some foodie blogs as well.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I do like my grub, I have to say. Especially cake - the gooier the better! This seems to be veering slightly towards food blog territory, but I like to be more random than that generally, so will keep the blog a bit of a mishmash!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Ooh the sticky toffee pudding and the smokey BBQ beans sound yummmy!!

I also like the sound of the green tea and jasmin Turkish Delight, I love turkis delight!!

Scarlett is right-you should do your own foodie blog, it'd be downright superb :D

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Suz said...

They do sounds yum, don't they? Thanks, Jen - might start my own foodie blog once I start my job and I've got a bit more to cook the things I'd like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home