f

Sunday, October 22, 2006

C'est très étrange!

Glasgow, that is. Well, yesterday, I had a funny ol' day.

Originally I popped into town to try and get a stand-by haircut with a well known chain of hairdressers. Pfft. Went to three before I got an appointment, which was fine because it was Saturday. Got told to come back at 12.45pm and, 'Barry would squeeze me in.' (Sounded painful, but alright.) So I toddle off and have a quick cuppa with my Mum and her friend. People - I turned down a free lunch because I thought I didn't have time. I go back round for my appointment and I have this snooty moo, (who was around 50 and had half her hair dyed green - not a good look) look me up and down, and say in a thoroughly snidey and patronizing manner, 'no, we don't have any appointments left.' Won't be going back there again. The conclusion to this tale, is that I have a vast and unsightly mop of hair for starting work tomorrow. *sigh*

When the haircut thing didn't work out, I though I'd pop into the west end for a nosey about the delis. Into Roots 'n' Fruits I went and came out with the cutest baby aubergines and cherry tomatoes on the vine. I restrained myself from buying the mini pumpkins though. Then on to Byres Road, where I'm ambling along in my usual head-in-cloud-cuckoo-land manner when I hear shouting and look up. Well, it took me a few seconds to realise the shouting people were in fact my big bro and his gal. We had a brief chat, while I showed H the halloween costume I had procured (God help me) and we agreed to meet in half an hour for some coffee and cake in the coffee house. Two seconds later I was about to pop into the fishmongers and saw a French man (actually French!) wearing - get this - a black beret, proclaim, 'Langoustines! C'est manifique!' How fabulous is that? And then, about a minute later, slightly further down the street I came across a money/awareness raising stall for.....the Communist Party. Yup - one strange old day, I tell you.

Today will be getting organised for work, making my lunch (cous cous with roasted veg and feta, in case anyone is curious) and trying in vain to tidy my bedroom.

Argh. No, no, I'm perfectly calm. I'm perfectly calm. Oy yes, siree bob. Calm. Indeedeeo.

8 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger northern monkey said...

How bizarre! Love the sound of the baby aubergine and tomatoes on the vine and how did you resist the langoustines?

I've just been to the farmers market and on a whim bought a pumpkin and am now wondering what to do with it - as you are queen of yummy recipes - any ideas?

Good luck for tomorrow btw - can't wait to hear how you get on

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ah, it wasn't a question of resisting the langoustines as much as I had absolutely no money to buy any!

Ooh, am I the queen of yummy recipes? Yay! I like that title :-D


Hm, you could do a nice spiced soup with it - maybe ginger or cumin? Or you could roast it and mix it into a risotto flavoured with rosemary and put some fried chorizo on top?

Thank you - very very nervous! I shall be posting about my day tomorrow night!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I actually LOLed Suz at the French man-talk about living up to the stereotype hehe!!

And the Communist party?! Whaaattt? lol.

As for the grumpy old hairdresser-pfft, who'd want their hair done by someone with half a green head-honestly, some people!!

Tons of luck for tomorrow hun, as Northern Monkey said, really excited to hear how it all goes! We'll want details, lots of them, you do realise? ;)

Jen xx

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I realise! I think I'll most probably come home, blog and then collapse in a heap into bed.

Argh!!!!!!!!!!! OK. Calmer now.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Scarlett said...

I think you had a lucky escape with the haircut...I find it the most painful experience getting my wig chopped off :s

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger SandDancer said...

Hope it goes well today and looking to hearing all about it.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Sam B said...

Good luck in your new job Suzi - hope it all goes well.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

(Waiting in suspense of news ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home