f

Monday, October 23, 2006

And it went...

...well! I'm cream crackered now, though.

Started at 10am, had a wee tour of the building, met my co-workers, got shown my welcome pack and my desk. Actually, credit to them, the welcome pack was quite good. It had a birds-eye view of the room, with names of who sat where on it. Genius! Especially if you're me, who often stands with a gaping mouth when required to remember someone's name.

Spent most of the day assembling ring-binders to be sent out to schools. I never, ever want to see a poly-pocket again. Wouldn't mind a Polly Pocket, though.

They also told me they'd booked me a space on the Christmas night out, in case I fancied it - we'll be going here, and I'm drooling already. Oh, and Òran Mór means Big Song, I think. That's the only Gaelic I know. Well, that and 'Dè a-nis?' which I'm fairly certain means, 'what now?'

Anyway.

I've just gorged myself on carrot cake, and, after I've made tomorrow's lunch (some kind of pasta salad methinks) I'm going to put my pyjamas on, and spend a delicious hour in the company of that unholy trinity of Clarkson, Hammond and May. Fabulous.

9 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Jen said...

oh, so glad it went well!!

Have been wondering how you were getting on :-)

Sounds like a lovely evening you have planned!

Jen xx

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Scarlett said...

oo, I love carrot cake - I've got a slight addiction to the starbucks version at the moment. Jen's right - your eve sounds great!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jen said...

[hi jack] Hi Scarlett hun, have updated my links, so it now goes to yuor new blog! [/ hi-jack]

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger northern monkey said...

Glad your day went well, as Jen said, were wondering how you got on today...enjoy your evening...

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks all! Very relieved it's over, I can tell you!! At least I know where the loos/staff room is -you know, all the truly important stuff!

I know - it's a fab evening! Richard Hammond - *swoon* I *love* that dude.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Ing said...

Glad you had a great first day! :)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger SandDancer said...

Sounds like it went well. So pleased for you.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sam B said...

Suzi, i moved blogs but dont have an email for you - can catch me at http://sambuffyfan.wordpress.com/

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Hey Sam - I'm sure I had changed the link in the sidebar!? Oh well, blogger's gremlins at work again maybe. Will get onto it asap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home