f

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What do your doodles say about you?

That title sounds a bit dodgy, I admit, but you know what I'm referring to.

Well, I was curious (I very often find myself under a doodle attack) so I Googled it. Of course I appreciate that this is in no way a scientific analysis, but it makes for interesting reading nonetheless.

First up, doodles have been split into several distinct groups:
Geometric shapes
Abstract shapes
Good-looking faces
Weird or ugly faces
Arrows and ladders
Repetitive shapes
Weapons and vehicles
Flowers and curves
Animals
Hearts
Food

I'm no expert, but I would have thought that most peoples doodles fit into one or two groups. Not me, of course, I never do anything by halves. My doodles, when all styles are taken into account, fit into seven of the eleven groups. Now I choose to take this as a compliment - surely it means that I'm a complex, interesting person with many skills. Either that or my brain is fried. Personally, I think it's probably the latter.

So, on the basis of this highly non-scientific study, I:
*have an organised brain, and show clear thought processes, good planning skills and efficiency. (Geometric shapes.)
*am tense, have difficulty concentrating or an inconsistent, sentimental personality. (Abstract shapes.)
*am a people person, who sees the positive in people and situations, is optimistic, friendly and enjoys being around others. (Good-looking faces.)
*have ambition, drive and movement towards a goal. (Arrows.)
* have patience, persistence and the ability to concentrate.
* am all about peace, love and understanding. (Flowers and curves.)
* am in love with love. Bit of a bugger I'm single then, really. (Hearts.)

Looking over the list, I would say quite a lot of that applies to me. I wouldn't agree that I have an inconsistent personality. It might not be great, but goddammit, at least it's consistent.

So, what do your doodles say about you?

9 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger SandDancer said...

I draw flowers or boxes (the ones where you draw two overlapping squares and then join the corners). So love peace etc with a well organised brain.

I think the truth is that I'm rubbish at drawing and these are the only things I do draw.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Well, that's always another interpretation (possibly an accurate one - I couldn't say, as I haven't seen your drawing!) :-D

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Hmm. Looking at the few bits of actual PAPER I have on my desk (which are covered with my own unique brand of iligible scrawl), I appear not to have doodled on them at all. What does that say? ;)

Of course, I'm not a fan of pens or paper as I'm terrible at art and hand-writing, so only tend to find myself doodling if I'm already using a bit of paper+have a pen in my hand+am actively lulling something over, which isn't that often - I tend to lull while gazing at the screen. Or out the window ;)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

I qualified in graphology before i embarked on my Clinical Therapy degree. It's a very interesting tool and depends largely on who you are writing to and who or what you are thinking of whilst doodling. Your doodles will differ accordingly.

You also must really only study handwriting or doodles when the subject is free thinking, not when they know their efforts will be examined afterwards.

Employers often enlist the skills of a Graphologist during the interview process, for personality assessments. Very interesting work!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Wow, that's really interesting! Might go and read up a bit more it, actually. Hm, now I really *am* worried about what my doodles say about me!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Now, if they started analysing random mouse movements, and drawing boxes around icons for no reason and that sort of thing, then I'd really be in trouble ;)

Or the "how far can you move the mouse pointer away from the tooltip before it disappears" 'game' keeps me occupied for ages (well, a minute? ;) sometimes ;)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Suz said...

IM - I do that drawing boxes around icons thing. Now I'm worried.

:-D

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

The number of times I've ended up moving twenty files into any one of twenty folders completely by accident, I could not tell you ;)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Nothing to worry about suz, exploring people/ourselves can also be exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home