f

Friday, September 22, 2006

Of leg wax, piglet burgers and c-list (sorry) celebs.

Today, I met up with my friend N and baby Aidan. As I was getting ready this morning, I somehow managed to leg wax in my hair. Even by my standards this was quite an achievment. Still, it was too late to do anything about it, so I just had to put up with strangely textured hair. We went to this nice wee pub for a spot of lunch, and each had a butterfly and piglet burger:



and just how cute is the menu?:



We picked up babbie A (He'd been with his dad) and went for coffee. Hm. Food. A theme in my social encounters, it seems!)

Chai

I have to say, I'm not a huge Starbucks fan, when I'm in town I prefer Cafe Nero, but they don't do chai.

During our travels we spotted Clare Sweeney. Lovely though I'm sure she is, I don't think she's near the top of exciting celeb spottings table.

This evening I faffed around on Flickr, wrote this and heated up a choccie pudding I made the other day:

Molten chocolate cakes

Nice plates, right? A wee treat to myself from that mecca of cut price kitchen-wear, Asda.

So that was my day in photos. Now, I'm going to go and tidy up a bit, clean my room and chill out. Tomorrow might be a night out for P's birthday, I'm not sure yet.

Phew, night fellow bloggers.

9 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a lovely day Suz-and I chuckled when I read about the leg wax in hair incident! :-) Sounds exactly like something that'd happen to me lol.

Oooh, your post has reminded me, I keep meaning to try Chai tea, I have a friend who drinks it at Starbucks all the time, and I'm always intrigued.

Think will investigate tomorrow ;)

Also: oh my goodness, please can I steal your plates, they are so so prettty!!! (And polka dots.You know me and my polka dot fixation ;) )

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Forgot to say-can I steal your chocolate pud too, it looks scrummy!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Ing said...

Was it a Chai Latte you were after? Nero's do them, I had one a few weeks back. Just ask 'em! :)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Jen: I know - leg wax in the hair. I could have my own comedy!

Try Chai, it's fabulous! I have such an obsession, it's terrible.

The plates were really reasonable - I think it was £5.50 for the cup, saucer and side plate. I also want the teapot!

Do you want the choccie pud recipe? It's really, really easy - and they only take 1o minutes to cook!

Ing: Do they!?!? I didn't think they did! You have no idea how happy that makes me! (I did say I was obsessed!)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Were the piglet burgers made from Piglet?

What's next? Bear steaks with a honey glaze? :)

Good size lumps of potato though! How much did that set you back? (Just to satisfy my "random pub food price" curiosity :)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Well, they were hamburgers!

I think that was £4.90. Might've been £4.50. Not sure! Still, the food is really pretty reasonable.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Suz-thanks for the email hun, will be paying a trip to ASDA soon hehe.

Oh, and I'd love the chocci pud recipe if that's not too much trouble...I like the idea they only take 10 mins to cook! I've yet to try out your brownie recipe too ;)

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

I like the vanilla coffee from just about anywhere but a relative would swear by Cafe Nero, i've not been yet.

Also we have Cafe Rouge (I think. I could be lying ~ no, i think that's it)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Jen: no prob hon, will post the recipe up after. It's a doddle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home