f

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's the Pitts

Sorry. Bad title. But I read this interesting article which partly concerns itself with Brad Pitt's latest announcement that he and Angelina Jolie won't marry until gay marriage is legalised. *Sigh* Let's assume he's well meaning, but does he really believe that will make one iota of difference? Also, it didn't stop him marrying Jennifer Aniston, did it? It seems, from afar, and no doubt to many there, that America is going downhill. Quickly. This is just one area in which the Bush administration has angered and frustrated me. It further frustrates me that celebrities seem to be latching on to these civil rights issues in an attempt (hopefully) to help, but no doubt also to bolster there position in the entertainment world. As the article points out, if they truly want to help (and this applies to many topics, not just gay rights) there are so many more useful ways in which they could do it.

Let's hope they realise that sooner rather than later so we don't have to listen to anymore silly pronouncements.

7 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Ing said...

Fine... Can I marry Angelina in the meanwhile? ;)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

I love the title! A good old 'groan' now and then is wonderful.

I seem to remember reading that you also like Kate Winslet and Audrey Tatou, Ing (sorry Ms Tatou if i have spelt your name incorrectly and you're reading) Poor Angelina ;~)

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ing: go right ahead, she is stunning. Mr Pitt, on the other hand, is rather bland, I think.

Dianne: I do enjoy a good pun now and then!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Ing-lol.So shall I buy a new hat then? ;)

This is rather a silly story isn't. It smacks of desperation to stay in the limelight rather than a genuine endeavour to adress civil rights issues.
I mean, how exactly does he think his not marrying Ms Jolie will aid the cause? It's baffling.

Suz-I'm with Diane on this-love the title!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Ing said...

Ummm, yeah this is of course in a world where I could date someone like that. *sigh* You can also add Rachel Weiz to that list.

*sighs again*

*snaps out of it, shakes head*

Sorry I have nothing constructive to add to the debate, I do agree it is a rather questionable gesture considering they've both married in the past.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I also have nothing to add...

But good luck with the interview tomorrow morning, Suz!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Jen: It's baffling, isn't it? I think his heart probably is in the right place, but his attempts to help are a little misguided. Oh, and I actually quite liked the title too - I always have trouble coming up with them!

Ing: I'm sure you could date Ange if you wanted to - although I think she'd be a little high maintenance :-D Oh, and Rachel Wiez is very attractive too.

IM: Thanks! I'm a little bit nervous, but trying to stay calm! Will post tomorrow about how it went. Argh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home