f

Saturday, September 16, 2006

The day today

Hello all!

Let's see: well, today I appear to be over my hangover. On Thursday night we managed to polish off five bottles of wine between the four of us. (I was flat sitting for my brother) Not entirely sure how it happened. Anyway, good banter was had as always, including a mini lapdancing tutorial and practice. Apparently, I was quite good and had the 'look' down. Not that I'd take their word for it - after all the wine, anyway!

I headed off to bed and zonked out and woke up around 10ish and then dozed off again. Around 12pm, I decided I really should get up and wash the dishes. So there I was, beautifying myself (ha) when I heard a noise on the landing. I disregarded it, assuming it was the neighbour. But then I heard a key turn in the look. Thoughts raced through my mind, like 'holy God - they aren't back from their holiday already, are they?' So I called out a tentative hello, and heard my brother's mother-in-law to-be shout back 'Hello? Susan? Oh God, H's going to kill me - she told me to phone first!' Well, flustered isn't the word. I was painfully aware of my hair doing an admirable Cousin It impression, the dishes in the kitchen and the empty white bottles.

As it turned out, mother and father-in-law had come over to put up the new light fittings and had assumed I wouldn't be there. Still, it was all fine once my heart retreated from my throat and I spent the afternoon blethering and making cups of tea.

It was lovely to have the place to myself - the peace and quiet was heavenly, and the place is all newly decorated and so lovely. One way and another, the couple of days were quite eventful. Today, I went to Asda looking for an interview outfit. I couldn't decide (I needed a second opinion) so I bought a pair of charcoal pinstrip wool wide leg trousers and a black scoop neck 60s style dress with big button detail and I'll get my Mum's advice after. I had one of those moments where any sense of style I had flew out the window and everything looked to me like a potato sack.

Sigh. Right, I'd better tidy up a bit because the place is a tip.

9 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger SandDancer said...

Your ASDA purchases both sound good - any pictures. I love 60s dresses.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I'll try and take some piccies this afternoon!

I'm just obsessed with dresses full stop!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jen said...

oh no! how embarrassing suz lol.but i agree with sand dancer-the clothes sound wonderful, want to see pics too !!! jen x

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Scarlett said...

I saw that dress the other day - its gorgeous!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish2 said...

Re. the first paragraph... On the presumption that this was with blokes, I don't think it's the sort of thing they'd bother lying about ;)
Besides, I'm sure a woman would have ways of telling beyond simply what they said ;)

Re. the middle bit... Well, not the most pleasant of surprises, but it could have been worse! :)
(I mean, they could have turned up while much wine was being drunk, and dances were being practiced! ;)

So have you worked out which you'll be wearing for the interview yet? (Or will you be a typical girl and end up wearing something completely different? ;)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Scarlet - it's lovely, isn't it? I'll try and take some more photos - the first ones didn't work out too well.

IM - no, it was all girls :-) And I have my outfit narrowed down to two choices!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Ing said...

Being a guy, I can give no other response to dresses apart from the safe "Yeah that looks lovely dear..." Seriously though, good luck with the interview, and sounds like you had a good time flat sitting! :)

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks, Ing! And yes flat sitting was good fun!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

I wish interviews could be conducted via video ~ lol ~ rather less like an interview though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home