f

Friday, August 04, 2006

Waving not Drowning - Part 2

Day Two - Thursday
I got up, had some breakfast and went for a wander around North Berwick with my mum and dad. Then we stopped in for a coffee and some cake. The carrot cake was rather disappointing - it had raisins in it. Now, I have an irrational hatred of raisins. I can just about stand them on muesli or in chocolate but that's it. Why on earth would anyone want to spoil a good carrot cake with the retched little chewy things? Oh, and the cake was also cream-cheese frostingless. It was all so very, very wrong. Anyway, here are some selected photos:









After my cake-related rant, I said farewell to parents and boarded a train back to Edinburgh. I was meeting Gemma around 1pm and fancied another wander beforehand, as the weather was drier and sunnier and therefore more conducive to photography. After all, holding a bag, brolly and trying to take a decent photo at the same time is a bit of a challenge. So, now for some Edinburgh photos:





I was just heading down the Canongate when I gt a call from G to say she could meet now, but had to dash off again at 2.50pm to see a Fringe preview for work. We met outside Starbucks, but headed for (can you guess?) Plaisir du Chocolat to sit in the sunshine and eat copious amounts of sweet stuff. I must say, she was looking fabulous - tanned and blonde, fresh from Spain. We each had a "Thé glacé aux épices" which was just perfect for the hot sunny weather. We had a fantastic blether and I must say, it reinforced how much I miss being able to see her more often. She had to head back to her flat to let her parents in, so we went for a wander back to her place. However, the whole thing went a bit pear-shaped time-wise and by the time it got organised she' d missed the 2.50pm show, so we just flumped about admiring her new flat. Around 4pm her parents came by and dropped some stuff off and we all had a cup of tea and a natter. Her mum and dad gave us a lift to the show, which I didn't fancy, so I said my goodbyes and headed off to Waverly. It might not sound hugely exciting, but it was one of the best days I've had in a long time. The weather was great, the city was buzzing with Fringe preperations and the company was fanastic.

Speaking to Gemma and getting away from Glasgow has done me a lot of good. It gave me the chance to clear my head, and talk things through with someone who I trust and respect. I'm feeling a lot better about a lot of things than when I left. When I originally got off the train in Edinburgh Waverly, I honestly could've wept - just being somewhere that wasn't Glasgow.

Right now, I'm tired and badly need to give the house a clean. I'm sure later on I'll post more about my mini-mini-hodilay, but not right now. Though I can't wait to get back there next week and see this. Oh, and probably buy some more chocolate. Oh, and visit here, too.

6 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger SandDancer said...

Glad you had a good time. Sounds like just what you needed.

As ever, your photos are great. I especially like the bicycle one - I have a bit of a thing for photos of bicycles.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks! Yes, I like bicycles too, and must get one. I like what they'd done to it, I thought it was a fun way of displaying the flowers/plants.

The trip was just what I needed. My head was ain a bit of a mess before. Feel much clearer about things now - space and spending time with the right people make so much difference.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger northern monkey said...

Glad you had fun and are feeling better sometimes a change of scenery can make all the difference - great photos too

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks :-)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Looks like you had great weather, too! It's been a little more dismal here this week.

I presume you weren't quite lucky enough to see David Tennant come out of the police box ;)

The cakes on flickr do look tasty! Even that drink looks refreshing, although I'm not sure I'd actually like it :)

I'm glad you had a good time :)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks, I had a lovely time indeed. The weather was good, really warm and sunny. The day before it was pissing it down, though, so I had on felt/wool trousers and boots. I was sweltering!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home