f

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Waving not Drowing - Part One

Are you sitting comfortably, fellow bloggers? Because this one is going to be long. In fact, no, I think I'll split it into two sections...

Day One (Wednesday)
I got up in the morning and faffed around, changing an opticians appointment, washing my hair, so on and so forth. Then I headed to the train station. My open return to Edinburgh clutched in my hand, I navigated myself across the country. Upon arriving in Edinburgh, I mooched about the shops a bit, and then headed to the Canongate and the delights of Plaisir Du Chocolat, where I bought myself a box of exquisitly wrapped choclates, or 'bonbons' as they call them, being owned by a French dude. Now, these aren't your ordinary run-of-the-mill choclates. Oh no, these are works of art.




See? They're almost too good to eat. Almost, but not quite. The guys at Plaisir Du Chocolat are pretty damn smart. Who else has a chocolate menu that quotes Baudelaire in the introduction?

I was hoping to meet G before I headed off to the coast, but she was still in rehearsals for her play, so we arranged to meet the next day. After this, it was on to the coast, to see my Maw and Paw, who are holidaying through there. So, we had a chat about how their week was going, and in the evening my aunt and uncle came over for a drink and a blether. You see, again I have things to say about that, but think I'll do it in a seperate post.

That was about it for day one, day two was a lot more hectic/ thought-provoking and should hopefully make for a more interesting post.

8 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You weren't joking about those chocs being works of art, they're outstanding, you could literally stick those up on your wall!


Jen x

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I know! How utterly fantastic are they? Sometimes chocolates can be too beautiful. I was given an exquisitely wrapped box of Belgian chocolates once from Paris and they were so beautiful, it took me days before I could eat any of them. They were shaped like little houses and presents and one was in the shape of an Egyptian pharaoh.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I still have two boxes of chocolates that I got almost five months ago that I haven't even opened yet :)

I can leave "special" chocolate for aaaages sometimes.
Actually, I think I once kept a single Ferrero Rochet (one of a few I got for Christmas) for over a year, before deciding it was probably time to throw it away.

"Throw it away", he says. I wonder what your reaction to that was? ;)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Suz said...

It's a Ferrero Rocher. You can throw them away if you like. :-P

Now, the important question is, do you consider them "special" chocolates? Because, if you do, I have much to teach you!!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger SandDancer said...

My auntie kept a bar of chocolate for 30 years - she bought it in Switzerland so was keeping it as a souvenir. She showed us it one Christmas and my dad persuaded her to open it, so we could have some. It had gone off and I was nearly sick. Let that be a lesson to anyone hoarding chocolates, evne if it is beautifully crafted.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Oh, no no no - eating chocolate after all that time is such a mistake! I mean, it is dairy, after all!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jen said...

re: present of belgian chocolates.

Oh, they sound absolutely divine! I don't think I would have been able to eat those at all.On second thoughts, yeah I probably could, it's chocolate, after all lol.

Inspector Monkfish- 'throw it away'? Scandalous, sacrilige! ;) The very concept does not exist in my world when it comes to goods of a confectionary nature.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Suz said...

It did take me a while before I could eat them 'tis true! Actually, it took me while before I could even unwrap them - but I took photographs of everything beforehand! That was a nice gift, I have to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home