f

Thursday, August 10, 2006

More Randomness

Don't have time to write up a full post, have many things to get ready for tomorrow's trip to Edinburgh (it's play time!) but shall do a few wee bullet points of things that have crossed my radar over the last day or two:
  • On my way to the opticians yesterday, two young guys drove past in a car, honking the horn, while one leant out the window and shouted "show us your tits". I declined.
  • At the opticians, I managed to get one contact lens in, but the other one ended up the bin. By accident, obviously.
  • I made a hummingbird cake - that is a cake flavoured with vanilla, cinammon, crushed pineapple, banana and pecans. By the time the cake was cold enough to frost, most of it had been eaten!
  • I've found another seven jobs to apply for.
  • Thankfully, as I got another rejection letter this morning.
  • I've been worried about my friends - two are due to fly back from London and Uganda anytime now.
  • I plan on going to Plaisir du Chocolat again tomorrow (it's rapidly turning into my favourite place on the planet) and buying some tea for myself. Maybe violet. The menu is extensive to say the least.
  • Edited to add: I watched Topcat this morning. Not seen that cartoon in years!

Right, better go and charge camera batteries and get a bit organised. What on earth am I going to wear? After all, you never know when there might be hunky actors about...

5 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger SandDancer said...

Have a great time in Edinburgh.

Try not to worry about your friends flying too much - its probably going to be the safest time to be flying right now with this extra security.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks! I shall try!

I know, you're right, all the added security is a good thing. Still, it's hard not to worry. I'll be glad when they're back safe and sound.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Mmmm that Humming Bird cake sounds delicious!

I'm sure your friends will be ok, probably inconvenienced somewhat, but ok :-)

Jen x

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Have a great weekend Suz! Save me a pice of that cake please! :o)

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Oops - too late! Cake all eaten! Don't worry, I'll be making another soon and I shall save you a piece!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home