f

Saturday, August 19, 2006

I think I need a hug

Blergh. I've been trying so, so hard with this positivity schtick recently, but you know, sometimes I run out of energy. There has been, and still is, so much shit to deal with and I'm exhausted. And, right now, I just want a hug.

I made brownies today, which is lovely, and then I started to make a big pot of butternut squash soup for dinner. But I slipped on the squash and cut my finger. Then, two seconds later, I did it again. And it bloody hurts. And it's difficult to type. And I dread to think how much it's going to sting when I wash my hair later.

The lesson here? Sometimes life gets you down, and even brownies can't make it alright. Oh, and look what the fuck you're doing when weilding a big sharp knife.

11 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger SandDancer said...

Have a virtual hug from me, love.

Sorry you are feeling low. You are normally very positive but it is okay to sometimes be down.

Hope your brownies are good & you avoid knives for the rest of the day.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Suz said...

The brownies are good, thanks - nice and gooey, just how I like them.

Tonight I'm going to wrap myself in my duvet and watch DVDs. Not rock 'n' roll, but hey!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I understand how you feel.

That even goes for cutting yourself while making cake with a big sharp knife!

Hope you feel better soon, Suz.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks, IM :-)

I'll get through it all, just as I usually do. Nothing else for it, eh?

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

As my Mum used to say when I was ill, "You just have to put mind over matter! If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter!"

Good God that got on my tits ;)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ah, but that's what mums do - they have all the wee sayings. And, yes, at times they do get on ones tits!

Rather that than them not caring though :-)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Suz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh Suz :( Sending you a huge hug.Just remember, it'll pass, it always does.

xx

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Scarlett said...

(((((big hugs))))) from me too - hope the brownies and duvet have worked their magic

xx

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks everyone ((hug))!

I do feel better this morning - you just have to get on with things when they're a bit shit and have faith they'll all work out, don't you? Plus, the brownies did cheer me up - sugar is fantastic in times of stress :-D

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Yes :) It can be difficult to cling to that faith sometimes, but it's always there, and everything really will work itself out.

Glad you're feeling better though :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home