f

Monday, August 28, 2006

I am not a happy bunny.

Well, I sat and filled out an application for front of house and box office staff the other day. The closing date was the 25th at 12noon. I emailed the completed information off around 10ish in the morning. And today I get a jaunty little email in my inbox telling me what a super response they had, and they will no doubt find people for the post, oh and by the way, they won't be processing my application any further because it arrived after the closing date.

Why, oh, why is life such a big pile of manure sometimes?

Anyone think it's worth bothering with an email asking them to check this?

6 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Scarlett said...

ah no - that bums!

I think I need to go and re-read some of your posts though - I thought you were going to uni this year - have I made a huge mistake?!!

x

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Not uni this year. I'm taking a gap year, though - had enough of essays and dealing with lecturers for a while!

I emailed the guy back, so I'll see what he says!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Was about to comment on this ten mins ago, but for some reason, I couldn't get to the comment page? Ho hum, I'm here now.

Yep,agree with Scarlett, that is indeed bums. In fact, that's pretty terrible of them, if they stipulated the closing time was 12pm, why are they not accepting your email from 10am? Definitely suggest you email them back and get an answer because that's just not on. They shouldn't shift the goalposts like that, it's unfair, and, more than a little underhand.
But then again, nothing surprises me anymore in the quest for employment.

Let us know what they come back with?

Jen xx

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I've sent of a very polite email, asking if they could possibly check the time I sent the email in. I didn't want to be rude and cut my nose, you know?

Will let you know what they come back with. Thanks :-) xx

Oh, and blogger been acting up a bit, I think!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Yeah good point about cutting your nose off, I hand't thought of that lol.

xx

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Scarlett said...

ah sorry hon - I misunderstood! so we're both on gap years lol, although on either side of uni.

hope you get a decent reply to your email
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home