f

Monday, August 07, 2006

Eye eye

I doubt todays will be a very interesting post. Hm. I probably shouldn't say that at the start, huh? Everybody will have left now. Well, for those of you who are still here, this was my day...

This morning, I went to the opticians for a contact lense fitting. I've been wearing glasses since I was about four, and yet I've never had contact lenses. It's funny, it sort of feels like some sort of right of passage - you know like the first time you wax your legs or scurrying past bouncers before they check your fake ID. Er, not that I ever did that, you understand. Anyway, it went ok. It was a bit weird having someone poke me in the eye, but then, generally speaking, people tend not to do that for fear of being thumped. I have to go back on Wednesday till they show me how to put them in myself and such. Think that'll probably go better - I'm sure it's easier to poke myself in the eye. After all, I have done that before.

Then I went to Tesco till my parents bought a few bits and pieces. Can I say, I am most excited by Tesco's new range of herbs, spices and condiments. The packaging is quite snazzy, too. I mean they have anchovy paste and vanilla pods, and and and....I'll move on now. I spend to much talking about food, I think. We went for a bite of lunch afterwards to this nice wee independant book store/cafe near us. I tell you, it's a dangerous thing to have a bookstore within walking distance. Thankfully, I literally have no money to spend, or I'll have lost a fortune.

In the afternoon, I tidied a lot. Sorted through three years worth of college notes, which a weird experience on many levels. Oh, and I dug out the receipt for my PC, which, to use a technical term, is gubbed. Sigh. Brand bloody new as well. I also ventured into the graden for a spot of photography...

Crocosmia

This evening will be spent making food (there I go again...) watching trashy TV and then perhaps a spot of pampering.

Tomorrow? Who knows what thrills await...

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oooh anchovy paste? this sounds really fab, I adore anchovies!

I really need to find my inner foodie and this new tesco range sounds as if it may help :D-see I LOVE eating, I'm just not so good at the cooking bit ;)

How did the pampering go hun?

xx

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Haven't got to the pampering yet! Going to head off and get into my PJs and paint my nails, I think. I'm in dire need of a manicure!

I read the tube of anchovy paste (they have jars of them as well) and it suggested spreading it on to toasted bruschettta. Dead easy and impressive looking, I think!

And, you know, eating is the best part afterall!

Nighty-oh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home