f

Friday, August 04, 2006

Creative Writing

Inspired by Jen, I though I'd be brave too and post some of my old creative writing. Here are some haiku, which were written as part of my course work a couple of years ago. Now, strictly speaking I suppose these aren't haiku, as they have no kigo (season word), but they are set in the structure of 5-7-5 syllables. Oh, and these are in English, which obviously isn't traditional. I hope what I just wrote is right because, believe me, I'll feel like a fud if it isn't.

Anyway, here they are:

Melting chocolate
Chunky gooey transcendence
Heavenly foodstuff

Crappy Dictaphone
Batteries ran out slyly
No interview now

Raining heavily
Teardrops all around today
Damp trouser bottoms

Clunking lifts breakdown
Claustrophobic terror soon
Hunky firemen rescue

Computer class 6.1
PC malfunctions again
Thrown out of window

Morag’s rain-soaked hair
Drying after the downpour
Blonde highlights curling

Grotty keyboard yuck
Nobody wash their hands now?
Blackness obscures letters

Thumping beat blares out
Bass line shaking the windows
MC Hammer raps

Bad parachute pants
Encourage laughter all around

Fashion tragedy

I seem to have a vague recollection of my CW lecturer showing these to other students as examples of haiku, but I'm not sure if he did or not. Still, they seemed to make him laugh at the time. Strange - I hadn't thought about this stuff for a long time. Haven't written a haiku in donkeys, either.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger ... said...

But, who doesn't love a haiku...

The sky out there was
dark at night; ghostly clouds and
whispered sounds, the moon.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Suz- I'm really please I inspired you to put your writing out there!

I love your Haiku, it's really raw, and humouros,I like the way it chronicles everday thoughts/events. I think it's great, would love to see more of your creative writing!

Jen x

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Suz said...

*Blushes* Thank you! I might pop some more up tomorrow. I just dashed those off one day - I think I did them in a rush when I should've done something the night before. Oh well, he seemed impressed anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home