f

Friday, August 18, 2006

Call me shallow...

but I want to buy things. All the lovely autumn clothes are coming out and I haven't a penny to spend. Well, not a penny of my own - I was rather naughty and bought some (very) cheap shoes from Asda yesterday, which my overdraft kindly took care of. Actually, Asda had some lovely bits in. Thankfully, I'm no sartorial snob - supermarket, shmoopermarket, they come up with some nice stuff. Right now, I'm off to Primarni or Pradamark, or whatever you want to call that cut-price mecca Primark. Sure, it's like a jumble sale and there's plenty of tat, but if you search you can find some gems. Cheap gems as well. Oh, how I love that place. Fingers crossed that I find something nice and within my budget (though technically, if it isn't free, it isn't in budget) to sate my shopping desire.

6 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

My sister (who, I feel I should point out, I think of as "stylish", I suppose) is a HUGE fan of Matalan.

She even prefers their hangers, and has been to the effort of buying enough stuff from there to replace all of her hangers. Well. That's her excuse, at any rate ;)

I tend to do our weekly shopping at Morrisons, who don't do any clothing unfortunately (Well, our doesn't, at any rate). I've bought things from Tesco a few times, and Asda once or twice (I go there less often).
Oh! (Rummages around on the web)

This link to signup to a Tesco newsletter may be interesting to you, or others reading.
Oh, it mentions "back to school" at the moment, but I'm not being silly.
"£4 off spend of £20, £5 off spend of £25, £6 off spend of £30 and £10 off spend of £50"

Ok, it's not free, but it might be something ;)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger SandDancer said...

I know some people who take great pride in being puritanical in their shopping - they only buy something new once something old has fallen to pieces and look down their noses at people who take any interest in clothes. But I think its fine to want to buy things - its a feeling I'm all too familiar with.

I love Primark - I've only recently converted to it, but I like the challenge of finding good stuff in there.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Nope - nothing wrong with wanting new things, I don't think. Just sometimes that's other people's opinion. Anyway, I did buy a couple of bits from Primark. Skinny jeans, a hat and two pairs of tights for the grand total of £9.50. Woohoo! I could've bought more (they had some nice work shirts and boots/shoes in) but congrats to me, I restrained myself.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Primarni rules suz! I always stock up there and their jammies are soooo comfy - and about £2 a pair :)

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I love Primark with a passion, yeah it takes some effort sorting the wheat from the chafe, but you can really pick up some gems from there.

Oh, and you're not shallow at all, I'm in the same predicament about wanting to buy things, but having no money-I try and keep away from the shops as much as possible, less temptation that way :D

xx

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I agree - unfortunately, I live near a big Tesco and a huuuge Asda clothing department! So much temptation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home