f

Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Butler Did It!?

Well, I won't ruin it and say whether or not Shuffles did in fact do anything. But I will say that the play was excellent. I was surprised at the end when G burst into song, though - she hadn't told me about that! It's always a bit bizarre seeing G act - how her tone, accent and mannerisms all change. In this case, she became Gertie Moneysworth, girlfriend of American movie star and damned scoundrel Chip Boardman. Thinking I'll probably see it again on Monday, when I go through for the flatwarming barbecue (no jokes about setting the place on fire here, please). Sounds like it'll be an interesting party - it seems like half the fringe have been invited.

Before the play, I went back to Plaisir du Chocolate, and bought two identical boxes of choccies - one for my mum, and one for me - and some violet tea. They have all the loose teas stored in beautiful big canisters, and you get to smell before you buy. This is the kind of place I have dreams about.

Tea



There was a very bizarre coincidence yesterday, though. My sense of direction is not the best, and, as usual, I was bumbling about on the Cowgate trying to find the Grassmarket where the venue was (it turns out I was quite far in the wrong direction). I eventually reaslised that I had to give in and ask somebody, so I saw a girl wearing what looked like a festival-related t-shirt, so asked her. She said she was walking in that direction anyway, so would walk with me. The comversation from then on went like this:

Girl So, where is it are you're heading?
Me The Lot.
Girl Ah, The Butler Did It!?
Me Yes.
Girl Susan?
Me *stunned look*
Girl I'm L, G's flatmate!

So, that was a strange but lovely coincidence. I tried to convince her to come in and see the play as well, but she had to go back to work. Isn't life strange sometimes?

Anyway, after the play, G, her sister M and her friend P (God - I really need to come up with some better pseudonyms, don't I?) went for some food and beer in the restaurant. After this, we went into another pub - an Irish pub in Edinburgh and we were served by an American. Then P and M's other friend, also called Suzie, showed up and we shared a plate of nachos. My diet was just so healthy yesterday, I tell you.

Anyhoo, they all headed off to see the Black Watch play, which I would love to have seen, but it was sold out. Back at the flat, I saw L again and met another flatmate, R. There was much excitement because they'd just had a phone line and broadband installed.

I headed home around 9ish and got back about 11pm. I am tired now, but tonight is AF's welcome back party, which I having a sneaking suspision might turn into a "welcome back Rach/ happy birthday Nik/ it's Saturday!" type affair.

Right - must go and get food.

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like you had an absolutely lovely day!

And how funny was that coincidence? I love it when things like that happen!

Jen xx

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Suz said...

It was a good day! Feel totally zonked now, though - we did a lot of walking!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Yeah, that really is a fantastic coincidence :)

If we pick out the letters of all these friends, will we pick out some sort of hiden message? Let's try...
G G L G G M P P M L R AF

Put it altogether and what do you get? Well, to be honest, I'm not sure, but I think I've made similar noises when drunk. ;)

Oook, I was probably better off reading and leaving no comment ;)

Glad you had a good time though :) Good job my sister doesn't read your blog, or I am convinced she'd be heading straight up to Plaisir du Chocolate too ;) Hey, they don't have anything sheepy or fluffy in there do they? That would seal it ;)

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Nope, nothing sheepy or fluffy, I don't think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home