f

Friday, August 25, 2006

Boooooorrrreeedddddd.

Yes - I'm bored. Very, very bored. There are only so many ingenious ways of wasting time you can come up with when you're unemployed. I could tidy up a bit, I suppose, but that's hardly thrilling is it? And I could watch a DVD, but that isn't right either. I need - and I almost hate to admit this - work. Being a lady of leisure clearly wouldn't suit me. Although I suppose if I had a rich husband his money would provide more opportunities for entertainment. Aha! That's what I need! Not a job - I need a sugar daddy. What a pity I don't have one. You see, I get bored easily. I whinge when I'm really busy, but in actual fact, I would happily trade this for busyness.

It's funny how when you're busy, you think of all the many things you wish you had time to do, and as soon as you have the time, you have no money or enthusiasm to do anything much. You know, I can't even really remember what I wanted to do. Maybe if I stood on my head that would work. After all, it's a technique employed by Winnie the Pooh.

*Sigh*

Oh, for the love of God - someone hire me before I go completely crackers!

7 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

You're thinking about standing on your head yet want a job BEFORE you go completely crackers? ;)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger SandDancer said...

What about doing some voluntary work to fill in a bit of time and get some more experience? Employer like that sort of thing.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Suz said...

That's a good idea, SandDancer. I hadn't though of that because of the money situation, but that's really worth looking into - after all, as you, said employers like that sort of thing!

IM - I said *completely* crackers. A wee bit crackers is ok :-D

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger SandDancer said...

I think just doing a couple of hours a week of something interesting/worthy would give you a bit of focus to your week. And any time you are working, is less time to be spending. I still maintain that the best job I've ever had was working in a charity shop - it was hilarious.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm guessing you like reading? How about going to your local library and stocking up on books?

It's free, entertaining, and keeps your brain active-everyone's a winner :D

Failing that Sand Dancer's suggestion is a very good one!

You could also try doing some reviewing, maybe (like me hehe)....voluntary and unapid, but you get to keep stuff that you review...and it looks good on a CV :D

I write for this site: http://www.entertainmentwise.com

Jen xx

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ah, I love reading - just finding it difficult to concentrate/get any peace and quiet! An dplanning on doing a bit of reading tomorrow.

Reviewing! Good idea. I'm hoping the List is looking for reviewers again his year. Nice wee job, that! Getting paid to eat. Will look into other kinds of reviewing as well. It's funny, cos I was thinking about that very thing earlier!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Ah, see , great minds think alike ;)

I like the idea of getting paid to eat, that appeals to me a lot :-)

Jen xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home