f

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Way To Go

*sigh*

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I feel the need to be specific, here - I wouldn’t want anyone thinking I watch that abomination starring David Caruso. He has one stance and expression that he wheels out to cover absolutely any emotion - stand with hands on hips, clench jaw and stare into the middle distance. Oh, actually, I take it back - if it’s a particularly heart-rending scene, he’ll take his sunglasses off. The original cast of CSI were pissed off when this came on the air. Man, you can see why.

Anyway, I digress. It was the season finale of CSI tonight, and I am not a happy bunny. What will I watch now? The television schedules are a no-mans land of mind-numbing daytime telly (presented by unnaturally tanned people), and reality TV (starring, well, unnaturally tanned people).

Now, I’m not going to pretend for a second that CSI is a classic, a benchmark in terms of modern art - I mean, the thing is full of holes. For example, why do they never wear overalls? And why do the women totter around in high heels with their hair flying about all over the place? Surely that must contravene some H & S rules? But the show is entertaining, with interesting stories and an unfeasibly attractive cast, and that is pretty much all I care about at 9pm on a Tuesday night.

You know, thinking about it, I don’t know why I’m so bothered - after all, Five will probably show repeats of CSI on a loop till the new series begins. As long as I’m still able to get my Grissom fix, that’s all I’m worried about.

5 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I haven't seen any CSIs (actually, I may have seen one now I think about it), but I think I have a better idea as to what you were talking about now, as I saw "CSI: Miami" and "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" together as I was channel surfing earlier.

We almost always seem to have the TV on, but I rarely seem to get the remote on this side of the room ;)

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Ah, so that cliche that men always have to have the remote control isn't true after all then? :-P

Seriously, watch CSI sometime - if only for the very, very attractive cast. See, CSI:LV falls down there, too - as if Horation Crane is as attrative as Gil Grissom! Pfft.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I remember having watched something recently with two crime scenes, and they were trying to work out what happened purely based on the evidence.
One was a bloke who was electrocuted while sitting in his armchair on a hot day, and the other was a young couple who jumped off a cliff and drowned or something.
Does that sound like one?

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Yeah, that's one. Think that was the original CSI. Was there a guy with an afro type do in it?

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

No idea. :) I think it was this year I watched it, but it was definitely more than a couple of months ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home