f

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Tea for Two

Today I met L for lunch. I also got a nasty surprise, in that it was my turn to pay for both our lunches. I'd rather forgotten she paid last time. Bugger.

We went to three places before finally settling on Brel. I hummed and hawed, looking at the menu, ignoring the most interesting main courses, instead focusing on the sandwiches. (Solely because they were cheaper. Oh, the joys of being unemployed.) In the end, I went for the 'beef and mustard sandwich with crispy onions on rye.' I must admit, when it arrived, I was rather disappointed. The salad and dressing were pleasant, the bread fresh - but I tell ya, hardly any onions were killed in the making of that sandwich. And they weren't crispy either. The mustard was also ladled on rather too enthusiastically. But hey-ho, I suppose the company is more important than the food. And L is always good for salacious gossip and juicy tales. In other words, a perfect dining companion.

Tonight, I plan on tidying up a bit, catch up with some correspondence and then settle down with a cup of Brewhaha Rose Tea (this stuff is delicious, and the packaging is nicely retro chic - see photo.) and watching a Before Sunrise/Before Sunset double bill.

Also, if someone could slap me every time I hit the 'Publish Post' button when I mean to press the 'Save as Draft' button, I'd be very grateful.

Oh, and if that person could also stop me going to fancy-pants delis, spending too much money and ordering the six cup stove-top moka I've seen on Amazon I'd be even more grateful.

7 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

This week has seemed very long. I was just thinking it was Friday tomorrow, my turn to buy the round of drinks at lunch (Friday lunchtimes are "research meetings", held in an informal atmosphere - i.e. we all piss off down the pub for lunch ;), when I remembered it wasn't Friday.

Best thing I can think of re. "Publish Post" vs. "Save as Draft" is to turn on the "Email" feature in the Blog settings to e-mail yourself your blog entries when you post them. At least that way if you don't immediately notice you pushed Publish instead of Draft, you might notice sooner.

As for the spending too much money, I can only think of two options:
1. Cut up your credit cards
2. Become a man

;)

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Ah, see I don't have any credit cards - just my debit card. So really can't cut that up!

And, as far as becoming a man...well, that one doesn't appeal for lots of reasons! I like being a chick :-D

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Ah ok, that's sensible then :)

And unfortunately, I'm afraid it sounds like you're doomed to continue spending then ;)

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Yup afraid so. Bugger.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Excellent! Thank you so much, I've been wondering that for ages!! Will try it out tomorrow, but right now I need sleep :-)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

No problem again ;) Glad it made sense ;)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ha! I meant to comment on the post above! I don't know where my brain is these days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home