f

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Well. I've been pretty good lately - positive thinking, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. All that jazz. But. But. Sometimes all that stuff wears a bit thin.

I'm still not about to spill my guts on here. I don't do that in general. I'm not someone who tells people everything. I'm always a bit shocked when I hear myself tell someone something private. There aren't many people that can draw these things out of me. Anyway, a thought has been bubbling away in my head recently, namely, "what the fuck am I doing?" (I apologise for the use of profanity - but believe me, it was necessary.) You know, just in life. It's a feeling I've had before, and I'm fairly certain it'll pass, but in the mean time it's a pain in the arse. The feeling that I'm bumbling along, not really heading anywhere. I know if I stand back and look at my life - I mean really look - I am making progress towards...wherever I'm heading, that there are good things aplenty. But it isn't going quick enough for my liking.

It's funny, in some ways I have lots of patience (too much on occasion) and in other ways I have none. Something to work on. Self-improvement's the name of the game.

All this plus the fact that I seem to stumble over people who simply aren't very nice with alarming frequency. Why are people not nicer to each other? Does it take any more effort than being unpleasant? I should focus on the good people I have in my life, for there are many. Some who are always at the end of the phone, and some who I don't see nearly enough.

As I've said on here before, I feel I have more to say about this. Right now, though, I don't know where to start.

You know, I was going to apologise for such a self-indulgent post, but who I am kidding? Surely a blog, by its very nature, is inherently self-indulgent? So. That's me done, I think. Everyone needs a good vent on occasion.

Right, that's out the way. Normal service should resume shortly.

9 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I've heard rumours about people who start their blogs simply for the purpose of venting, or talking to the world about their problems.

Tsk! The very idea! ;)

I think some people are unpleasant because being nice sometimes does require more effort. Of course, it's often because they just plain don't care. But sometimes, the unpleasant people do, and I'm going to sound like a teacher here, "spoil it for the rest of us" ;)

As for the rest...

Why did you decide to go to Uni next year rather than this year?
What sort of jobs are you looking for?
What would you want to do at Uni?
What sort of job do you actually want to do?

(Yes, I appreciate you may well have no idea to some of these. Sorry ;)

I may return to ask more questions you can't answer. ;)
I'm off to get my lunch, and to sell someone else theirs ;)

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Phew - lots of questions! Perhaps I'll answer them in a post rather than a comment? The comment would be rather long, you see!

You're going to sell someone theire lunch? Hm, are you a sandwich boy? Oooh, do you wear a pinny? :-P

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

You sound a bit excited about the pinny! ;)

I'm not a sandwich boy as such... Surely it's obvious from the above that I'm a programmer ;)
I just had some spare chocolate bars at work one day, and people asked if they could buy some off me.

After that, I began buying extra chocolate at the supermarket (always with an eye for value ;), and now have a selection of 10p chocolate bars, 20p bars, 10-20p crisps (subject to the BOGOFF deals - all 10p atm). Well, by now, I already made my own sandwich at work. Then I added Sausage Rolls. And then came the revolution... Meal Deals! ;) A sausage roll or sandwich + crisps + chocolate for only £1! ;)

Bargain ;)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Suz said...

My! How very entrepreneurial1 My brother happens to be a programmer. That's of no consequence, but still, thought I'd mention it!

And, yeah, pinnys are very exciting! You can't beat a good pinny. Especially when teamed with some fetching baffies. I am in a strange mood today, I tell you!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Baffies?

Uhhh... Oven gloves? :)

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Baffies = slippers! And, to be honest, I'm not entirely confident that I've got the spelling correct.

My readers can't say I don't educate them :-D

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

By the way, did you feel any better after all the venting and all the questions? Or was it just on your mind even more? ;)

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Not sure. I feel in limbo at the moment. Lots of reasons, lots to think about - not all career related.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

This is no help to you at all, but that did establish a random connection in my brain. (Ok, I have a lot of those ;)

==
It is too dark to see!
> north

It is too dark to see!
> north

You have tripped and broken your neck!

You are in limbo.
==

Playing adventure games on our old computer when I was six/seven. ;)

*ahem* Anyway, if you fancy a vent about anything else, do feel free to do so. Like you said, it's your blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home