f

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Party!

Last night was DC's birthday party, and I'm pleased to announce I did wear my very high, very sexy heels. I even managed to dance in them. I don't know how well I danced in them, but, hell, I had fun. I'm surprised I did, actually - it usually takes a lot of coaxing and a fair amount of alcohol before I'll get up and strut my funky stuff in public.

However, I was slightly disturbed to see what a player my friend's little brother has become. I don't think there was in a single gal in the room whom he hadn't cut a rug (thrown a shape?) with. To me, he'll forever be twelve.

As usual, I took some photos. Didn't manage to get a good one of the happy couple, though. For DC and P are well and truly loved up. P's surprise birthday present was a trip to Paris. I don't know what anyone else got her, as she was saving her presents to open later. I must find out, actually, for I am incredibly nosy - I make no bones about the fact!

As for today, I'm knackered and have a choice between tidying up, filling out job applications and helping M and H decorate their new flat.

Who am I kidding? I'm gonna make some food and watch Almost Famous.

5 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I was looking through a lot of your photos yesterday. A lot of them seem to be very good pictures of sometimes difficult subjects.
I think it must be a good combination of artist and her tools ;)

I was almost surprised that there isn't a close-up shot of these infamous heels ;)

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ah, interesting. What subjects do you think are difficult? And thank you for the compliment!

Well, you know, I thought of taking a photo of the heels. But then I though the heels, shorts and fishnets might be a bit much to put on Flickr, you know? And I could've photographed then when I wasn't wearing them, but...I dunno. Didn't have the motivation!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

lol, yes, I was presuming that you wouldn' be wearing them at the time.

I recently discovered/remembered just how hard it is to take pictures of yourself! I spent a short time trying to take a photograph the back of my head, and a bruise on the back/side on my leg (it looks way worse than it actually is). I gave up in the end ;)

I guess I'm not sure what I thought of as being specifically difficult, but there were several which struck me as looking particularly good for what they were. I notice even the ones you took last night came out fairly well, even with the low light.
I think I'd like image stabilisation on my next camera, I imagine that can help.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ah, but the thing with Flickr is, you don't know how many photos had been taken. It's the law of averages - if I take 100 photos, surely I should get a couple that are decent!

Why were trying to photograph a bruise!?

I once photographed the back of my head - I wanted to see how my hair looked from the back. I know, I know - shallow!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Yeah, I know what you mean, it's just that some are great :)

Erm, well... I was photographing the back of my head because of what people said on my blog after I got my hair cut. While trying this, I had only recently got out the shower. Consequently, I noticed my bruise, with a (slight) consideration for uploading it to my blog too.
I then looked at the pictures, didn't like the one of the back of my head (but I did notice it looks slightly burnt, and that the hairline back there sure enough isn't straight - but then again I don't often look at the back of my own head), and realised it seemed silly to have a picture of a bruise. ;)

So there. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home