f

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Mid-Year Goals

Inspired by Jen, I thought I'd do a list of my Mid-Year Goals as well. Here goes:
  1. To cook more varied dishes. I tend to eat similar things all the time, and now I feel I should break out a bit and try more exotic things, and different ingredients. Already made progress with this, with yesterdays beef yaki soba - I'd eaten, but never cooked with soba noodles before.
  2. To watch more films. I love watching movies, but it's something I rarely seem to do, which doesn't make much sense, I agree. So, first task is to watch the DVDs I've bought but haven't seen yet.
  3. Number three is to go to those places on my 'go to' list that I haven't found the time or energy to visit yet. There's a few (mostly food related!) such as Lim's Chinese Supermarket and IJ Mellis cheesemongers.
  4. Get more excerise. I've been shamed by my friend in the States, who gets up at 6.30am to go running. Now there's dedication for you.
  5. To get more organised. People seem to think I am, and in some ways that may be true. However, they would change their minds if they opened the wardrobe door.

There we go. Five - a nice number to be getting on with for now, I think!

6 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Now I'm blushing! :D

Great list too....You've reminded me of one crucial one I left out on my list: to cook.Anything!

Also, i agree with number 4.I need to find a form of exercise I actually enjoy and stick with it. I did get into walking earlier in the year, but gave that up because it got boring.There really is no hope for me lol.

Jen x

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Well, I walk a lot. But I seem to be surrounded by people who take excerise a lot more seriously than I do. I mean, 6.30 *in the morning*! Can you imagine? To me, that's masochism.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, that's just plain crazy if you ask me.I need to sleep!

Luckily most of my friends don't exercise much either,so i don't feel too guilty,but still.I really ought to do something.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I think there's a lot to be said for "unstructured exercise" - working small bits into your daily routines.

For example, since I moved office, I have to walk almost TWICE as far to the toilet ;)
...Ok, I should probably add myself to the list of "ought to do more" ;)

By the way, what is this "6:30am" that you speak of? I'm sure I don't have that on my clock. I've certainly never seen it, at any rate.

Your wardrobe sounds like it might be "organised chaos" - I bet you know what you've got in there and can find it quick enough. It's just that being a woman, you probably don't know what you want ;)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Oooh! Get you! I know exactly what I want, thank you - it's just that life has a way of conspiring against me!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Er, that last comment I made may have come across a tad harsher than I meant :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home