f

Friday, July 21, 2006

I am not having a good day.

Or should that be I'm not having a good week?

The other night I went out wearing a cute little pair of flat shoes. Shoes which I have worn many, many times. But for some deeply inexplicable, highly troubling reason, they decided they were done with being comfy. Maybe they thought "Hey, this chick has been tramping us around on pavements all over the city - let's show her who's boss!" So now I have feet that are mangled.

Then, last night, I was standing adjusting the blind, minding my own business, when the bloody thing fell of the wall on top of my head. Obviously it wanted me to flash my neighbours.

So now I have to attend a party on Saturday with mangled feet and a bump on my noggin. And I might not be able to wear the super-high, super-sexy heels I'd chosen for the occasion - what with the buggered-up feet and concussion.

Humph.

9 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Well, at least you haven't just ridden through a series of vents on a makeshift raft, while being drenched with water ;)

Hmm. Seeing how you take a lot of photos, do you have a picture of you adjusting the blind? ;) I err am only thinking of in case it gave a clue as to why it fell. Honest. It's got nothing to do with the part about you flashing your neighbours.

Well, you never know though, by tomorrow your feet may be heeled and the evidence of battle with the blind disappeared!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Oi, you!! Funny enough I don't have any photos of that. And, even if I did for some bizarre reason, they would *not* be for public consumption. Just what kind of blogger do you think I am? :-)

I'd better have healed by tomorrow, or I will not be a happy bunny. I'll just have to hide in a dark corner if I haven't, and where's the fun in that?

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

On average, I think it depends who else is in the dark corner ;)

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ah, you make a good point. Of course, as with any party am I curious to see if there happens to be a delightfully eccentric and deeply dishy person also in the corner. Though I think the one person that currently meets that description has left the country!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Well, there are thousands of eccentric people, though I can't comment on their overall dishyness ;)

Don't count your chickens until they've hatched :)

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Btw, congrats on spotting the title reference!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger northern monkey said...

know what you mean about when shoes turn evil...mine decided to start hacking my feet to bits on my way to a v important meeting with new clients this afternoon. I turned up limping with bloody, skin hanging off, mangled feet! Not quite the impression I was hoping to make!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Suz said...

That's what my shoes did to me. My friend and I passed this cute guy and she said "ooh, he was looking at you!" I unhappily informed here that he was probably wodering why this loony chick was limping.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Ahhr me lass, maybe he thought ye had a peg leg.

Ahrr, pirate chick. Cool ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home