f

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Still I think I'm doin' fine...


Sigh. Well, I didn't get an interview for a job I was after. Not surprised - everywhere demands a degree, ten years experience, a drivers license, and the ability to walk on water. Ok. I exaggerate. But still, it's disheartening. I panic and think I've made the wrong choice and I should have gone to university this year instead of next, but that's the fear talking. And what do they say? Feel the fear and do it anyway. Yeah, baby! I repeat that mantra to myself and the subsequent enthusiasm lasts approximately 3.5 seconds and then buggers off again.

These events always set me off on a 'what if' train of thought. What if I had gone to university last year, as I had originally wanted to? Where would I be now? Well, living in Edinburgh for one. And how else would my life be different? Well, I know for one that I would have missed out on as many experiences as I would have gained. So, after much navel-gazing and introspection, I'm really none the wiser.

This year, things have changed on all fronts - where I live, what I'm doing with my time, what my friends are doing. Change can be disconcerting. But with it comes new experiences and growth - well, that's the plan anyway. And maybe that the point of life - to learn as you go and be able to laugh. Maybe that's it - nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, today I could have filled in more applications, but I'll do that tonight. Instead I made muffins. And bloody good they were too. Though I am worried about the fact that I have rediscovered my fondness of baked goods. The chocolate espresso cake I made the other day also disappeared with a disturbing swiftness. I'm sorry, but it's simply not possible to extract the same amount of pleasure that you get from a fresh, still warm baked good than from a salad. Simply not possible. Believe me, I've tried.

PS - A prize for the first person to correctly guess where I stole the title from.

6 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Oh that's easy, easy easy easy.

It's the Rufus Wainright song, "Oh What a World".

Ok, ok, so Google helped me out a teeny bit with that. Ok, I didn't have a clue ;) I pondered whether to bother saying that, but then I happened to look at your profile and saw him (whoever he is ;) mentioned, and figured it must be right ;)

PS. That muffin looks so good.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Well done! Ooh, and you're my first comment as well!

PS - not to toot my own horn, but the muffin *tasted* good as well :-)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Blogs with few/no comments always grab my attention more than those with lots :)

Honestly, I can see that damn muffin again behind this window, and it's making me feel hungry despite the fact I only just finished eating! :)

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Just as well I dind't post a photo of the chocolate espresso cake I made the other day then...

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I bet it would LOOK really good, but personally, I don't like coffee. (Unless espresso refers to a miniature cake rather than the flavour, perhaps :)

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Unfortunately, it was a full-size, coffee flavour cake. Hm. I think you'll just have to stick with the virtual banana muffin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home